Coffee - Peri-Menopause - Acne?????

Can coffee trigger an acne breakout????


I don't know about you guys, but I love my coffee!  About 2 or 3 years ago, I started saving my extra morning pot of coffee and bringing it in a coffee thermos to work.  The amount of coffee I drank at work varied depending on whether I had breaks in between clients.

I have noticed over the past couple of years that I would have "hormonal" breakouts that I thought were triggered by food, vitamins, menopause, etc., yet I could never pinpoint the exact cause of my "flare-ups".  When I say "hormonal" breakouts, this  means acne around the jawline and around the nose,etc.

I have been doing extensive research and have come up with this explanation for my hormonal breakouts:

  • Coffee increases the stress hormone "Cortisol".  This will increase oil production and wreak havoc on your skin from the inside out!  Breakouts are either internal or external or a combination of both.
  • Inflammation in the gut may be a side effect (it was with me)
  • Foods may also increase breakouts due to the already stressed body system (ie. Greek yogurt, Omega Fatty Acid supplements)...
  • I drank my coffee black - so sugar wasn't even a consideration in these flare-ups
  • Coffee has mold in it - even organic - decaffeinated coffee is worse with more toxins than regular coffee.
MITO MAX
So, the good news I found:

  • Coffee aids in burning brown fat
  • increases metabolism
  • tastes good:)
Okay, so this is what I did with the information:

  • I drink two healthy (big) cups in the early morning before getting on the treadmill for my cardio
  • Cut out coffee for the rest of the day and replaced it with Doterra Mito Max (this is a caffeine replacement vitamin)....Love the Doterra vitamin supplements.
Just this simple change cleared my skin completely within two days!!!  Cortisol stress hormones are very real and wreak havoc in the skin!!!  Beauty sleep is imperative and we all need to take better care of ourselves!!!

Take Care,
Jewls

Popular posts from this blog

DOES ANYONE EVEN KNOW WHAT ROSACEA REALLY IS?